Monday, March 20, 2006

Poof

I don't mind telling you all, that I don't possess any gifts of clairvoyance. But I am going to make a prediction now. I am pretty certain that most of my blogs are going to start off with a very pensive "Wellllllllllllllllll". Wellllllllllllllllllll, here goes nothing.I have been trying to start off with my first blog for sometime now. A self-confessed procrastinator, even I am ashamed by how long it has taken. But then there was something amazing that I read about yesterday that I just had to pen my thoughts about. Now what could have been so important so as get a lazy bum like me started?
Airbags on Bikes. You heard it right, "airbags on bikes" is what it took me to get out of bed, rub my eyes, put on my reading glasses and start pounding on the keyboard with a never before enthusiasm. Ever since I have heard about the concept it has been running wild in my mind with my stunted imagination to keep it company. Imagine this. You are getting late for office. So you push your poor 100cc a tad further hoping to make it to your desk before your boss notices. And just when you thought you were gonna run through the last signal before the home stretch, the light changes to amber and Mr. Cautious in front of you brakes hard and you tailgate him. After the customary screech and thud, under normal circumstances it would be lot easier for you to pick up your bike , dust your pants and act like nothing happened while you wait for the signal to change. Only now you have an inflated airbag that has suddenly sprung out of nowhere. "Darn! I didn't know these things were so big". You dig out the rider's manual to thumb your way to the index and look for airbag under "a" by which time the signal changes to green and the guys behind you start honking for your life. "Boy! Do these guys have a rage problem or what!!" And you decide it is better you leave your bike with a dozen or so others standing by the side of the road with their airbags in full blossom like early spring mushrooms. And you take a ric to office after making sure to inquire if it has got airbags in it. And bloody hell!!!! Your boss is sure to notice you are late.
And it won't be long before your water cooler conversations go like this.
1. Hey, have you noticed Rahul's arm is in a cast?
2. Yeah. Poor chap!! Was involved in a motorcycle accident.
1. No Kidding. But he's such a sissy bike rider.
2. I know. But he was parking his bike the other day when it slipped and fell. And his airbag inflated. Poor chap bounced right off it into the path of an oncoming motorcycle.
1. Hehe. Serves him right. I told him black was an unlucky color.
And I could go on and on as to why airbags on bikes scare me more than they make me feel safe. But then that'd be me speaking. The guy who turned pale everytime anybody even mentioned the word "cellphone" thinking it'd give me a tumor if I heard it being said enough number of times. Not to worry. Go ahead and pick up your bike with your favorite colored airbag. But just make sure that it's not black. Black's unlucky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home