Monday, April 17, 2006

Boring...Not the post mind you

Last weekend. It was a really hot and humid Saturday afternoon. We couldn't go out anywhere on account of..guess what? Heat and Humidity. After watching a lot of nonsense that the idiot box had to dish out, we were this close to being braindead. By the way, did anyone know that Braindead (aka Dead Alive) was a movie made by Peter Jackson. Was a kid when I watched Braindead, and thought that the title was referring to the director of the movie and not the movie itself. He has since then gone on to make the LOTR trilogy and KingKong. Reaffirms my faith that anything is possible. Anyways, I digress. Back to boring Saturday afternoon.
"Champ..."
"Hmmm?"
"Bored!!! You?"
"Yep."
tick tock tick tock...........
"Have you ever realized how time slows down when we are bored?"
"Aha.................So?"
"Well, may be it means that we would feel like we have lived a lot longer if we remain bored. Then maybe we might die happier having lived a long life"
"Hmmm.................But you might get bored...and tired too....of living"
"Right!!!................. You may have a point there."
tick tock tick tock..........
singing "EIGHTEEN TILL I DIE"
"Dude!!! Shut up"
"OK.........Is it just that song or is it the singing?"
"Not too sure"
singing again "EVERYTIME THAT I LOOK IN THE MIRROR"
"Yep. It's certainly the singing"
"OK"
tick tock tick tock........
"Damn it all!!! If only we could think of something to do."
"I can't. I am bored."
"Yeah....exactly. We wouldn't be so bored if we could think of something."
"No dude. I meant we won't be able to think of anything if we are so bored."
"Eh? OK"
"You didn't get what I said, did you?"
"Nope."
"Never mind."
"Can't say I can, even if I wanted to."
"Maybe we can go BASE jumping with bicycles like those guys on TV"
"But those guys seemed bored too, didn't they? Anyways, I will say this about being bored.....I sleep well when I am bored. Don't you"
"zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"
"I take that as a yes"
"zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"
"DREAM ON DREAM ON
DREAM UNTIL YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE... YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH"
Next week, we are planning to buy and bring home a keg. If at all we have to get bored, we might as well be bored with cool beer to sip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home